Monday, February 7, 2011

Patagonia

I traveled to Patagonia this winter break with my father and brother.  The scenery was absolutely unreal.  For such an isolated and natural place, the food was actually pretty good.  Here are a few of the meals I had while I was there.

Lamb stew
Argentinian pizza

Cured ham

My father is the surprised looking man in the center, my brother is to the right, and I'm on the left.

Patagonian lamb...by far the best lamb I have ever had.  It's roasted over an open flame like this for hours.  It's crunchy, juicy, and tender--everything you could ask for.

Some glamor shots of the lamb.

Argentinian ice cream was a mix between gelato and traditional ice cream.  It was fantastic.

Breakfast.  Any effects the caffeine should have had was completely overpowered by the sheer volume of food that came with it.

This sandwich, though lacking in presentation, taste, and just about every other characteristic you use to rate food, was the most satisfying sandwich I have ever had.  Why is that?  We had to hike over a mile in elevation before we could eat.

 Was it worth it?  Absolutely.  Here's the summit.


Keep in mind this entire landscape is over a mile above sea level.

1 comment:

  1. Omg, these photos are amazing. You have no idea how hungry your blog makes me feel...

    ReplyDelete